What is Actinic Keratosis?
Actinic Keratosis is a precancerous lesion that's generally known by the appearance of rough areas on the skin. This skin lesion normally appears on the face, head, neck, as well as arms and it's primarily brought on by too much UV exposure.When this skin condition is incorrectly dealt with, the patches will start to get bigger. This can be a slow process that's commonly found in some older adults as opposed to younger men and women.
As you know, psoriasis is the result of a defect with your immune system. Hence it is classified as an auto-immune disorder, whereby your body turns against itself. On the other hand, actinic keratosis is the most common precancerous condition of your skin. If left untreated, it can develop into squamous cell carcinoma which is the second most common type of skin cancer behind basal cell carcinoma.
Actinic keratosis, for instance, is one clear example of changes that are occurring in our skin. AK is mainly caused by too much sun exposure and is also well known as a precancerous lesion. If you have this condition or you notice it at an early stage, you should treat it as soon as possible.
Various people shrug it off, thinking it are just a mild cosmetic problem, but Actinic Keratosis should be treated promptly, because the lesions can turn into squamous cell skin cancer at any moment. The normal treatment is cryosurgery, which uses liquid nitrogen to freeze the lesions, which then usually scab and fall off in a couple of days. However, should you get the condition, one of these Actinic Keratosis Herbal Treatment options can be ideal for healing the lesions.
Key Facts of Actinic Keratosis
- There is a high chance of developing skin cancer if this disorder prevails for a longer period of time.
- It can turn into squamous cell carcinoma if not managed in time under a careful medical supervision.
- The size of these skin growths range from 2mm to 5mm in different individuals.
- Over exposure to sun can worsen the situation and make it a deadly disorder.
- Any sun exposed area can get affected by this disorder be it eyes, lips, face, hands or feet.
- It is most commonly found in fair skin individuals unfortunately.
- It has three paths once it originates which are:
1. It regresses.
2. It stays unchanged.
3. It progresses to turn into fatal skin cancer.
- People suffering from Actinic Keratosis are at a great risk of suffering from psychological disorders caused due to low self-esteem and the inability go out in public with all those lesions and unwanted skin growths all over the face. If it originates at a young age it completely destroys a child’s personality especially girls.
Causes of Actinic Keratosis
Causes of Actinic Keratosis include sun exposure. Since sun damage to the skin accumulates over time, even brief exposure over the course of your life can lead to actinic keratosis. Sure groups of people are more at risk than further.
There are numerous Causes of Actinic Keratosis that have been recognized by medical experts so that a proper management routine can be formulated as according to the causes.
Causes of Actinic Keratosis include:
- Tendency to sun burn skin in a specific individual.
- Earlier sun burn history in life.
- Organ transplant recipients.
- Fair skin.
- Hair color is naturally blond or red.
- Eyes are naturally blue, green, or hazel.
- Skin spots or burns when in the sun.
- 40 years of age or older.
- Intensive contact to ultra violet rays has been the major culprit throughout in causing this disorder.
- Weak immune system, which has numerous causes including:
- Have a medicinal situation that makes the skin very sensitive to UV rays, such as:
- Work with substances that contain polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), for example coal or tar. Roofers have a higher risk of getting AKs because they work with tar and spend their days outdoors.
Years of sun exposure Causes of Actinic Keratosis these cells to change in size, shape, and the way they are organized. Cellular damage can even extend to the dermis, the layer of skin beneath the epidermis skin.
Symptoms of Actinic Keratosis
Actinic keratosis has distinct features and if you have developed such symptoms, then you are more than possible to be suffering from actinic keratosis. There are some very evident, well-researched Symptoms of Actinic Keratosis which make the disorder apparent in most people.
Symptoms of Actinic Keratosis include:
- Bleeding on the affected skin
- Itchiness around the growths
- Skin inflammation
- Discolored spots
- Hard wart like external and frequently itch and bleed
- Scaly patches all over the skin
- They are usually surrounded with redness
- Flat or a small protruded patch or bump on the epidermis
- Dry, rough and extremely unusual growths all over the affected area
- Itching or burning sensations may be experienced. When the condition is serious, there may be agony, bleeding/oozing from the sores
- Slowly the skin condition gets rough, inflamed, and thickening occurs. The size of the patches grow bigger and numerous lesions are observed
Though, it is important to know that skin cancer can occur anywhere on the body, even on the soles of the feet or between the toes. A skin growth that is new, tender, non-healing or changing is a cause for suspicion. Also, a spot that itches, erodes, bleeds or scabs are possible warning signs.
Diagnosis of Actinic Keratosis
Diagnosis of Actinic Keratosis is through a skin examination. Your doctor may use a bright light or magnifying lens to look for growths, moles, or lesions. The scalp is examined by parting the hair. If there is a chance of cancer, your doctor may take a sample of your skin and test it.
Actinic Keratosis have unique physical characteristics that allow a dermatologist to visually recognize these lesions. Though, if an AK is particularly big or thick, the lesion may be surgically removed for microscopic examination biopsy to determine if squamous cell carcinoma is present.An accurate Diagnosis of Actinic Keratosisis the first step to positive treatment.
Prognosis of Actinic Keratosis
Prognosis of Actinic Keratosisis responsible for over 8 million visits to the dermatologist every year. While most of these cases are non-cancerous, a small proportion lead to skin cancer. Luckily, when detected initial, cases of actinic keratosis can be treated before skin cancer develops. The purpose of these regular checks is to stop and detect the growth of invasive skin cancer. Also, continual avoidance of extreme sun exposure can reduction the risk of recurrences.
Prevention of Actinic Keratosis
Prevention of Actinic Keratosis is essential because the condition can precede cancer or be an early form of skin cancer. Sun safety is necessary to help stop growth and recurrence of patches and lesions caused by an actinic keratosis.
The best way to Prevention of Actinic Keratosis is to avoid or lessen your exposure to the sun:
- Limit your time in the sun
- Check your skin frequently and report changes to your doctor.
- Stay in the shade - particularly between 10 AM and 4 PM.
- Don’t let yourself get sunburned.
- Wear protective clothing, accessories and fittings, including a broad-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses.
- People should avoid too much exposure to UV light from tanning also indoors or outdoors.
- Avoid tanning beds and tan-accelerating agents.
- Always avoid tan-accelerating agents and tanning beds as they release ultraviolet-A rays which can Causes of Actinic Keratosis and also increase the risk of skin cancer.
Actinic Keratosis Herbal Treatment
Once your doctor has confirmed your actinic keratosis diagnosis, you can take steps to help eliminate the spots.Along with whatever treatment your doctor prescribes, there are some natural remedies and Actinic Keratosis Herbal Treatment you can try to help get rid of the cosmetic aspect of the spots: the rough, scaly, discolored patches of skin.
Given how harsh the side effects of conventional treatment can be on the body, we recommend trying natural herbal supplement for Actinic Keratosis Herbal Treatment. Either used along with standard therapies or on their own, these herbal treatment can help the body in the natural process and provide much-needed relief from the difficulties of the disease. Herbal Treatment for Actinic Keratosis that may offer helpful benefits and relief for skin cancer symptoms.
Why do you think you should go for dietary herbal supplement?
You should go for dietary herbal supplement because:
- Made of natural ingredients.
- Packaged safely in air tight jars.
- Superior quality.
- Offer great value for money.
Here is a list of ingredients used in this dietary herbal supplement for your reference:
- Wattle Bark 116.27mg
- Elephant Creeper 58.11 mg
- Sweet Root 58.13 mg
- Coral Calcium 34.88 mg
- Iron Compound 34.88 mg
- Spanich Chamomile 23.25 mg
- Cloves 23.25 mg
- Vermilion 23.25 mg
- Indian Bay-leaf 23.25 mg
- Nutmeg 23.25 mg
- The herbal pill is intended for oral use only.
- Take 2 tablets each day in the morning after breakfast and evening after dinner.
- Fix times for daily intake and follow precisely.
- Be regular to witness the most results.
Here we have some old school tips compiled for you to take advantage from. We will keep updating them as soon as we come up with something new through experiment. In the meanwhile read and follow these:
- Apply skin screen with SPF rating of 50 and above every 3 to 4 hours even when you are sitting inside your home.
- Avoid complete sun exposure.
- Start covering yourself in clothes that keep the UV rays away.
- Apple cider vinegar has been proven very effective in acting as an at home chemical peel to reveal much brighter skin that is problem free.
Note: Apple cider vinegar can increase sun sensitivity so be careful while going out in the sun because it can do more damage than good if you apply it and at the same time expose your skin to sun for long periods of time.
- All these tips will keep you motivated and make you feel good about yourself while you are still undergoing the Actinic Keratosis management routine with our Herbal Alternative Medicine.
- These tips and tricks are by no means a replacement of actual product.