Burning Mouth Syndrome
Burning Mouth Syndrome is a broiling sensation in the tongue, lips or all around the mouth that becomes frustrating and extremely painful with each day that passes.
What is Burning Mouth Syndrome?
Burning Mouth Syndrome is a painful disorder and persons affected by it get terribly frustrated because of the pain that it gives. The burning sensation may affect the - tongue, gums, roof of mouth, inside the cheek and back of throat and mouth. BMS is also known by other names such as burning lips syndrome, burning tongue syndrome, scalded mouth syndrome, stomatodynia and glossodynia.
Burning Mouth Syndrome is usually described by people that suffer from it as a scalding sensation on the tongue, palate, lips, and through the whole mouth. The messages from the nerves in the oral cavity are somehow mixed up and the brain receives indication that the mouth is burning. There are a variety of conditions that are related to this syndrome including nutritional deficiencies, menopause, dry mouth syndrome, and allergies.
It is a painful and annoying painful problem that may have you feeling a scalding sensation that may come and go, or be constant source of pain. There is reason for the cause of the pain. Commonly, the burning feeling builds up during the day and will reduce at night. It mostly affects middle aged and older women.
Key Facts of Burning Mouth Syndrome
- It is a disorder of the mouth which is characterized by scalding sensation.
- It causes blisters and sores all over the mouth which makes it extremely difficult for a person to eat or drink.
- It mostly affects tongue, gums, inside cheeks, lips and throughout the mouth.
- Anything that touches the mouth cause severe burning.
- Burning Mouth Syndrome can affect anybody at any age but usually elderly people have been found to be the most affected by this disorder.
- It is usually associated with several medical and or dental problems.
- Some nutritional deficiencies and dry mouth due to dehydration or other allergic reactions can also lead to the onset of this problem.
It is also termed as:
- Burning Tongue Syndrome.
Causes of Burning Mouth Syndrome
There are several Burning Mouth Syndrome causes that have been believed to be playing a role in the onset of this disorder. These causes include:
- Nutritional deficiencies.
- Fungal mouth infection.
- Sexually transmitted infection.
- Acid reflux.
- Poor fitted dentures.
- Food additives.
- Over spiced foods.
- Oral habits as teeth grinding.
- Over brushing tongue.
- Overusing abrasive toothpaste.
- Overusing mouthwashes.
Symptoms of Burning Mouth Syndrome
There aren’t many Burning Mouth Syndrome symptoms. The few that are experienced normally include:
- Dry sensation in the mouth.
- Bitter or metallic taste change.
- Moderate to severe burning in mouth.
- Difficulty eating or drinking anything.
- Blistering inside the mouth.
Why do you think you should go for dietary herbal supplement?
You should go for dietary herbal supplement because:
- Made of natural ingredients.
- Packaged safely in air tight jars.
- Superior quality.
- Offer great value for money.
Here is a list of ingredients used in this dietary herbal supplement for your reference:
- Rheum Rhabarbarum 41.8 mg
- Indian Olibanum Tree 16.3 mg
- Torchwood Tree 12.3 mg
- Ginger 16.3 mg
- Operculina turpelthum 142.5 mg
- Scammony 38 mg
- The herbal pill is intended for oral use only.
- Take 2 tablets each day in the morning after breakfast and evening after dinner.
- Fix times for daily intake and follow precisely.
- Be regular to witness the most results.
Here we have some old school tips compiled for you to take advantage from. We will keep updating them as soon as we come up with something new through experiment. In the meanwhile read and follow these:
- Avoid over cooked and over spiced foods.
- Sip water at regular intervals to keep your mouth well hydrated because dryness is going to make things worse for you.
- To prevent burning keep sucking ice cubes from time to time.
- Stay miles away from hot drinks or even foods for that matter.
- Mouthwashes that contain alcohol; don’t even go near them.
- Products containing cinnamon and mint are also the ones to be stayed away from.
- Avoid chewing gum as much as you possibly can.
- Stay away from alcohol and tobacco because they are known irritants for such mouth related issues.
- Use toothpaste for sensitive teeth because they contain less harsh chemicals.
- All these tips will keep you motivated and make you feel good about yourself while you are still undergoing the Burning Mouth Syndrome management routine with our Herbal Alternative Medicine.
- These tips and tricks are by no means a replacement of actual products.