Graves' Disease is a malfunction in the body’s immune system which releases abnormal antibodies in the presence of this disorder. The body’s defense mechanism attacks its own gland known as Thyroid gland which is a gland present in front of the neck. It causes overproduction of thyroid glands.
What is Graves' Disease?
Graves' Disease is labeled as being an incurable condition by most endocrinologists and other medical doctors. However, many holistic doctors have a different viewpoint of this condition. This disease happens due to the body’s immune system mounting an attack on itself. Graves’ disease is actually quite common all over the world, and is the main global cause for thyroid gland enlargement
The person suffering from Graves' disease often feels that he can accomplish many things, regularly starts many projects at once and works until completely exhausted. In normal conditions this should lead to deep and rejuvenating sleep and the individual may expect to wake up refreshed and rested. That's not the case with people suffering from Graves ‘ disease because they can't just "turn off" the switch so easily, have problems initiating sleep, maintaining sleep or going through all 5 stages of the sleeping cycle.
Key Facts of Graves' Disease
- This is an autoimmune disorder in which body’s defense system attack its own gland, “Thyroid gland” (small gland in front of neck).
- Thyroid gland gets triggered by the TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) for making thyroid hormones.
- In Graves’ disease the immune system makes antibodies that act like TSH which leads to Hyperthyroidism (production of too much thyroid hormone than your body needs) visible as goiter.
- It is also known as “Diffuse Thyrotexic Goiter”.
- Over active thyroid activity further speed up all body function such as enhanced production of thyroxin and increased metabolic rate, etc.
- It affects 2% of the female population.
- 80% occurrence of this disorder is based on genetic factors.
- Symptoms are best used for identification.
As per Wikipedia it is classified into following classes:
- Class 0: No signs or symptoms
- Class 1: Only signs (limited to upper lid retraction and stare, with or without lid lag)
- Class 2: Soft tissue involvement (oedema of conjunctivae and lids, conjunctival injection, etc.)
- Class 3: Proptosis
- Class 4: Extraocular muscle involvement (usually with diplopia)
- Class 5: Corneal involvement (primarily due to lagophthalmos)
Class 6: Sight loss (due to optic nerve involvement)
- Ultrasound, imaging tests, blood samples and physical exam are some of the traditional ways to identify Grave’s disease.
Causes of Graves' Disease
There is an ongoing research on identifying Graves' Disease causes but just a few have been identified yet and they conclude that Graves' Disease is caused due to:
- Accelerated metabolic rate.
- Genetic variations.
Symptoms of Graves' Disease
There are some very evident Graves' Disease symptoms which include:
- Anxiety and irritability.
- Hand or finger tremor.
- Heat sensitivity.
- Increase in perspiration or warm, moist skin.
- Weight loss.
- Enlargement of your thyroid gland.
- Menstrual cycles changes.
- Erectile dysfunction or reduced libido.
- Frequent bowel movements.
- Bulging eyes.
- Thick, red skin on the shins normally.
- Bulging eyes.
- Gritty sensation in the eyes.
- Pressure or pain in the eyes.
- Puffy eyelids.
- Reddened or inflamed eyes.
- Light sensitivity.
- Double vision.
- Vision loss.
Why do you think you should go for dietary herbal supplement?
You should go for dietary herbal supplement because:
- Made of natural ingredients.
- Packaged safely in air tight jars.
- Superior quality.
- Offer great value for money.
Here is a list of ingredients used in this dietary herbal supplement for your reference:
- Rheum Rhabarbarum 41.8mg
- Indian Olibanum Tree 16.3 mg
- Torchwood Tree 12.3mg
- Ginger 16.3mg
- Operculina Turpelthum 142.5mg
- Scammony 38mg
- The herbal pill is intended for oral use only.
- Take 2 tablets each day in the morning after breakfast and evening after dinner.
- Fix times for daily intake and follow precisely.
- Be regular to witness the most results.
Here we have some old school tips compiled for you to take advantage from. We will keep updating them as soon as we come up with something new through experiment. In the meanwhile read and follow these:
- Apply cool compresses to your eyes.
- Wear sunglasses when you go out in the sun.
- Use lubricating eyebrows to prevent dryness in the eyes.
- Stay away from stressful situations as much as you possibly can.
- Eat healthy.
- Exercise well.
- Try to keep a routine for walk at least half an hour every day.
- All these tips will keep you motivated and make you feel good about yourself while you are still undergoing the Graves' Disease management routine with our Herbal Alternative Medicine.
- These tips and tricks are by no means a replacement of actual products.