Folliculitis is an infection of one or more of the pockets from which hair grows (follicles).
What is Folliculitis?
Folliculitis is a terrible disease to contract. Chances are you are reading this because you are looking for answers. You know then that there are four causes and the treatment options are mostly prescription medications. The 4 categories of folliculitis are bacterial, fungal, viral and parasitic. Some day to day things to change to reduce the incidence of Folliculitis is to reduce friction from clothing, avoid shaving or use a new, clean razor each time you shave. You may want to sterilize the razor. Lastly do your best to keep the area clean and avoid clothing and washcloths that could be contaminated.
Many people consider that folliculitis transpires as a result of ill health or dirtiness, but this is not true. In fact, it is possible for extremely fit and healthy people to suffer from the complaint, and they frequently do. Although the cause is a fungal or bacterial infection, those people who consider themselves relatively clean, showering frequently, can and still do suffer.
Many who are afflicted by Folliculitis need treatment on a reoccurring basis, as the condition tends to resurface on susceptible people. Managing this form of repeat folliculitis calls for its own form of treatment. Folliculitis Herbal Treatment is very important to help treat the irritating bacterial skin infection. Herbal Treatment for Folliculitis that are very effective for who are afflicted by folliculitis.
Key Facts of Folliculitis
- Folliculitis is an infection of hair follicles which can occur at any place on the skin
- In this infection the hair follicles get to be tainted and aroused bringing on them a lot of harm
- It normally happens when follicles get harmed because of grating or shaving and after that get contaminated by a bacterium
- Folliculitis aggravates the hair follicles bringing on a considerable measure of bothering and inconvenience on the influenced territory
- Barring the palms of the hands and soles of the feet this condition may happen anyplace on the skin
Causes of Folliculitis
Folliculitis can be caused by many organisms. Folliculitis is usually caused from the staphylococcus aureus, a bacterial infection of hair follicles. Fungi and viruses can also Causes of Folliculitis. In some cases ingrown hair inflammation can reason the disease of folliculitis.
- Tight clothing
- Tight hair braids
- Ingrown hairs
- Skin conditions, for example acne or dermatitis
- Using an unclean hot tub or swimming pool
- Skin-clogging substances, for instance tar and motor oil
- Covering the skin with non-breathable items, for instance tape or plastic
- Injuries to the skin, as well as cuts or insect bites
- Weakened immune system caused by conditions, for instance HIV or cancer
- Being overweight or obese
- Clothing that rubs the skin
- Long-term use of some medicines, including antibiotics or steroid creams
- Sweat or personal products that annoy the follicle
- An infected cut or wound which permits bacteria to spread to nearby hair follicles
Often time’s Causes of Folliculitis can be buildup of oils on the scalp. It is as well possible to have a greater risk of developing folliculitis if you shave your scalp, have a health problem that effects your immune system or use certain medications, for example antibiotics or topical steroids.
Symptoms of Folliculitis
More severe Symptoms of Folliculitis include fever, upper respiratory tract complaints, and inflamed or tender breasts. Younger children and people with compromised immune systems are at greater risk. Symptoms can occur a bit differently in to each person. They can include:
- Groups of skin lesions
- A single lump or bump
The lesions may be:
- Leaking fluid
Symptoms of Folliculitis that affect the whole body can include:
- Fever and chills
- Fast heart beat
- Low blood pressure
The Symptoms of Folliculitis, furuncles, and carbuncles can be similar other health conditions. The symptoms of folliculitis, furuncles, and carbuncles can be like further health conditions Folliculitis and slight furuncles may go away with no treatment. Warm cloths may aid easy symptoms and speed healing.
Doctors usually Diagnosing Folliculitis by conducting a checkup of the affected area and taking the patient’s medicinal history into consideration, for example whether or not there are underlying conditions that can enhance the risk of this skin condition.
You will be asked about your symptoms and medicinal history. A physical examination will be done. Diagnosing Folliculitis may be complete by looking at your skin. Testing will help your doctor determine the kind and cause of the folliculitis. Further tests may be done to rule out exact skin or health conditions.
Tests may include:
- Analysis of affected hair
- Biopsy of affected skin
- Blood tests
- Culture a swab of an open area to appearance for infections
- Smear a sample an open area is muddy onto a glass slide to be looked at under a microscope
For more serious cases, doctors might take a sample of the affected skin to have it examined in a laboratory. This helps control the underlying cause of the infection. Doctors might as well order a skin biopsy for the purpose of ruling out further medical conditions, though this is rare.
Prognosis for Folliculitis
The Prognosis for Folliculitis is excellent. Usually, folliculitis is simply treatable and receptible to cure the skin problem. Mostly folliculitis is a non-contagious, self-limited, mild skin disease. But, excellent type of folliculitis may lead to cosmetic scarring and it can be psychologically upsetting to the patient.
Key Points for Folliculitis
Folliculitis is a common skin ailment that can be caused by bacterial, fungal or parasitic infections, viral as well as shaving too close, using a hot tub and wearing tight clothing.
- Treat staphylococcal folliculitis with clindamycin 1% lotion or gel
- It frequently presents as pinkish-red or white
- Left untreated, folliculitis can reason permanent skin damage counting scarring, dark spots and permanent hair loss
- Bacterial folliculitis is generally caused by Staphylococcus aureus, but irregularly Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Folliculitis, furuncles, and carbuncles are skin infections due to bacteria
- Any youngster can get these infections. A youngster with diabetes or weak immune systems is further at risk
- Consists of pustules located on hair follicles, often pink or red in color, and may be painful or itchy
Complications of Folliculitis
The potential Complications of Folliculitis consist of:
- Persistent or dispersal infection
- Plaques or the big, inflamed spots of the skin
- Under skin boils or furunculosis is one of the Complications of Folliculitis Permanent damage of skin, for instance, Dark Spots or scarring
- Permanent loss of hair as well as damaging of hair follicles is the main problem of folliculitis
- Boils under the skin furunculosis
- Permanent skin damage, for example scarring or dark spots
- Infections that spread to further areas
- Cellulitis infection of the skin
Risk Factors of Folliculitis
Folliculitis that is connected with back acne usually occurs in teenagers and adult men. There are some Risk Factors of Folliculitis that can rise the risk of developing this condition, for example having a skin condition, playing sports, being overweight, or taking certain medicines, such as anti-inflammatory creams that contain steroids.
Risk Factors of Folliculitis that may rise you chanced of this condition:
- A suppressed immune system
- Exposure to bacterial infection
- If you have dermatitis or Acne, the risk of catching folliculitis is great
- Having other skin conditions, particularly those that cause a lot of itching
- Shaving against the way of hair growth
- Use of contaminated hot tubs, poorly preserved swimming pools, or contaminated lakes
- Exposure to oils and chemicals
- Overuse of medicines applied to the skin
If you use hot tubs which are not well preserved, the chances of catching folliculitis is very high.
Prevention of Folliculitis
General measures for Prevention of Folliculitis include keeping the skin clean, dry and free from factors that worsen the condition. Some strategies could include:
- While using public swimming pools, take a thorough shampoo wash after out from pool
- Not sharing personal products, for instance towels or razors
- Use right hygiene and handwashing techniques
- Before shaving, wash your face with a mild facial cleanser using warm water
- Use the cleansing pad or washcloth and apply gentle round motion
- Keep away from tight clothes to Prevention of Folliculitis. They will enhance rubbing between clothing and skin
- Apply lubricating shaving gel or cream for 5 to 10 minutes before shaving to soften the hair
- Avoid scratching. It may give you some instant relief, but it will generally make the itching inferior and make you vulnerable to more and prolonged infection. This could also lead to scarring
Folliculitis Herbal Treatment
Herbal Treatment for Folliculitis contributes in healing the eruptions, clearing the discharge, and curing the connected symptoms of itching, burning, and pain. Folliculitis Herbal Treatment also helps in treating the chronic tendency of folliculitis. The best Herbal Treatment for Folliculitis include herbal supplement and natural herbs.
Herbal supplement is one of the best natural Folliculitis Herbal Treatment. The main symptom that points to the use of herbal product is lessen painful pus filled eruptions. It is useful in cases of folliculitis where there is itching and burning in the eruptions. The itching gets worse in warm conditions. It gets aggravated in the evening or at night. The skin is sensitive to air and washing. Herbal supplements works well for skin complaints suppressed by the use of natural product.
Why do you think you should go for dietary herbal supplement?
You should go for dietary herbal supplement because:
- Made of natural ingredients
- Packaged safely in air tight jars
- Superior quality
- Offer great value for money
Here is a list of ingredients used in this dietary herbal supplement for your reference:
- African rue 43.47 mg
- Cinnabar 43.47 mg
- Cloves 43.47 mg
- Coral calcium 43.47 mg
- Cowhage 43.47 mg
- Egg Shell Calcium 43.47 mg
- Elephant Creeper 43.47 mg
- Indian Rennet 43.47 mg
- Nutmeg 43.47 mg
- Spanish chamomile 43.47 mg
- Wattle Bark 43.47 mg
- The herbal pill is intended for oral use only.
- Take 2 tablets each day in the morning after breakfast and evening after dinner.
- Fix times for daily intake and follow precisely.
- Be regular to witness the most outstanding results.
Here we have some old school tips compiled for you to take advantage from. We will keep updating them as soon as we come up with something new through experiment. In the meanwhile read and follow these:
- Apply a warm, wet washcloth or pack and do this few times each day to soothe distress and help the range channel
- Soak the pack in 1 teaspoon of table salt in some water
- Apply over-the-counter anti-infection agents
- Attempt different nonprescription disease battling gels, creams and washes
- Apply mitigating salves
- Have a go at mitigating irritated skin with a cereal salve or an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream
- Clean the influenced skin
- Delicately wash contaminated skin twice a day with antibacterial cleanser
- Utilize a clean washcloth and towel every time and don't impart your towels or washcloths
- Only use hot, lathery water to wash these things
- Furthermore wash dress that has touched the influenced territory
- Secure the skin
- Stay away from shaving if the skin is already irritated
- In the event that you must shave, attempt an electric razor
- When you're set, wash your skin with warm water and apply cream
- All these tips will keep you motivated and make you feel good about yourself while you are still undergoing the Folliculitis management routine with our Herbal Alternative Medicine.
- These tips and tricks are by no means a replacement of our herbal pills or any other prescribed medication.