Melasma is a common skin problem. It causes brown to gray-brown patches on the face. Most people get it on their cheeks, bridge of their nose, forehead, chin, and above their upper lip. It also can appear on other parts of the body that get lots of sun, such as the forearms and neck.
What is Melasma?
Melasma in fact can fade on its own. This is often the case when the causes for the melasma are pregnancy or birth control pills. By saying this, it means that if a woman delivers a baby or takes the birth control pills, melasma will appear as a result of the mentioned action. So later when the woman delivers the baby or stops taking the birth control pills, melasma can automatically fade.
Almost 90% of the known Melasma cases occur in women. Though what is precisely causing its development is still not known; but Melasma causes are usually linked to excessive sun exposure and genetic predisposition. Melasma is normally located very visibly on the face. Melasma is most often harmless and the problems most individuals have with this skin disorder can be psychological in nature.
Genetics has been found to be a factor in the development of Melasma. Darker skinned individuals, usually from tropical areas are more prone to develop hyperpigmentation. More than 30% of patients have familial history. Also, identical twins are said to develop Melasma too.
It’s probably because you have already experienced these Melasma dark patches of skin along with the emotional component that usually accompanies them. There is no known cure for melasma even though many people have had great success with both natural herbal supplements and Melasma Herbal Treatment. Here’s what you need to know about melasma and the best Herbal Treatment for Melasma helping it.
Key Facts of Melasma
- Melasma is a skin related issue that appears in the form of tanish shaded patches which are structured on the revealed parts of the body where sun can typically assault
- The patches formed are by and large tan and conflicting
- Such skin hyperpigmentation/recoloring is typically aggravating and exceptionally embarrassing
- The infirmity is commonly normal in women in the regenerative years and the noteworthy territories that are regularly impacted include upper cheeks, upper lips, temples and jaw
- It is not all that common in men and typically considered an affliction of females in light of the fact that the disease is generally linked with hormonal changes in them
- The essential hormones that assume a key part in the disease are estrogen and progesterone which are regular in pregnant women and the females who are taking birth aversion pills
Causes of Melasma
What Causes of Melasma skin disorder? Some triggers of this condition include certain types of medications, such as birth control pills, intense or prolonged exposure to the sun, and hormonal imbalances during pregnancy.
Following are some of the root Causes of Melasma that are responsible for its onset:
- Birth control pills
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT and progesterone)
- Hereditary factors/family history
- Anti-seizure medications
- Exposure to UV rays
- Unrestrained sunlight exposure
- Cosmetic products that cause irritation
- Genetic predisposition
Research has not confirmed the exact Causes of Melasma. Several factors trigger the formation of dark patches on the fac. Some of these include the accompanying:
- Prolonged exposure to the sun can trigger melasma.
- Hormonal vacillation is the leading cause of melasma in many individuals. It happens when the hormone estrogen fortifies the formation of pigmentation, causing dim, blotchy and uneven fixes on the face.
- Genetic predisposition is another reason melasma to show up on the skin.
- Use of oral contraceptives, medications, for example, antibiotic medication and quinine may likewise trigger the development of pigmentation on the skin.
Medical professionals believe that its Melanocyte-stimulating hormones that Causes of Melasma the increased production of melanin. When there’s an increased amount of these hormones in the body, skin often grows darker and begins to form rough spots on the surface of the skin.
Symptoms of Melasma
Here do not have any specific Symptoms of Melasma other than skin discoloration in certain areas. The color may change to dark brown or red depending on the complexion of the individual.There are no more Symptoms of Melasma connected with skin issue. Melasma produces tan-dark colored, huge, patches which are irregular, allocated symmetrically on the sides of the nose, cheeks and also the forehead.
The side effects of melasma are:
- Irregular in shape
- Dark brown colored or tan patches
- Appears as dim or sporadic patches
- Distributed on cheeks, sides of the nose, forehead
Melasma results in the hyperpigmentation of the skin on the nose, cheeks, chin and forehead. One interesting thing about this condition is that the hyperpigmentation is symmetrical, affecting both sides of the face on a regular basis. At times, Symptoms of Melasma will be notice on the neck. Different skin complaint or other skin irritations, melasma does not cause the skin in the affected area to rise. Melasma does not cause an individual skin to itch, does it cause pain. It can lead to emotional distress as a result of the cosmetic part of the disease.
Diagnosis of Melasma
By observing the patient’s skin, Dermatologists can make Diagnosis of Melasma. To identify how deep the melasma is in the skin, the dermatologist may make a detailed examination of the skin by the help of a device known as Wood’s light.
At times, melasma is misdiagnosed with other skin conditions. To recognize other skin conditions, the dermatologist may want to perform a skin biopsy by removing small patch of affected skin. A dermatologist can quickly and safely perform this procedure, biopsy during visit to the office.
Prognosis of Melasma
Prognosis of Melasma is very good. Often, melisma disappears with in few months after stopping hormone drug therapies. The issue may reappear with the use of such drugs. Melasma cases that do not successfully respond to treatment are due to excessive sun exposure.
Complication of Melasma
If the Complication of Melasma does occur the best way is to stop more laser treatment or to lessen energy of this procedure. Some dermatologists proposed using the topical hydroquinone bleaching agent or oral tranexamic acid to correct this poikiloderma-like complication. However, the patient must be very patient because this treatment generally takes more than one to two years continuously before significant improvement is noted.
Prevention of Melasma
Complete Prevention of Melasma might not be possible, there are ways to help decrease the risk of developing it.
- The use of sunscreen is for Melasma Prevention. Also, use of sunscreen aids prevents skin wrinkles and cancer
- Keeping your skin shielded from direct sunlight by wearing a wide brim hat and protective clothing when outside.
- Avoid waxing: Waxing may cause skin inflammation which can worsen melasma, so it’s important to avoid waxing areas of the body affected by the condition
- Avoiding UV rays: the most common cause of melasma is too much exposure to UV rays
Melasma Herbal Treatment
Herbal supplements for Melasma Herbal Treatment is one of the most safe and significant way of treating this disease. Herbal Treatment for Melasma help in curing facial pigmentation by lighting the patches in a natural way. Herbal supplements treatment considered as a whole treatment of a person. The plus point of herbal supplements is that its supplement has assigned only after a full individualizing examination of a person.
Herbal supplements is a very safe and effective science for treating Melasma facial pigmentation. This product help in clearing away Melasma pigmentation in a natural way, lightening the dark patches and halting further progression of the condition. Melasma Herbal Treatment help lighten facial pigmentation and in time, could make them fade away given that other factors are conducive.
Why do you think you should go for dietary herbal supplement?
You should go for dietary herbal supplement because:
- Made of natural ingredients
- Packaged safely in air tight jars
- Superior quality
- Offer great value for money
Here is a list of ingredients used in this dietary herbal supplement for your reference:
- Wattle Bark 116.27 mg
- Elephant Creeper 58.11 mg
- Sweet Root 58.13 mg
- Coral calcium 34.88 mg
- Iron Compound 34.88 mg
- Cloves 23.25 mg
- Indian Bay-leaf 23.25 mg
- Nutmeg 23.25 mg
- Spanish chamomile 23.25 mg
- Vermilion 23.25mg
- The herbal pill is intended for oral use only.
- Take 2 tablets each day in the morning after breakfast and evening after dinner.
- Fix times for daily intake and follow precisely.
- Be regular to witness the most outstanding results.
Here we have some old school tips compiled for you to take advantage from. We will keep updating them as soon as we come up with something new through experiment. In the meanwhile read and follow these:
- Apply lemon juice on the affected areas, leave it on for 20 mins and wash with lukewarm water
- Avoid exposure to sun as much as you possibly can especially if you are trying the lemon treatment
- Apply apple cider vinegar on the affected areas and see the spots lightening in few days
- Apply onion juice and leave it on for 20 mins before washing with lukewarm water
- Mix oatmeal with milk and honey to make a fine paste, apply on the affected skin for few days and gently rub it off after 20 mins before washing with water
- All these tips will keep you motivated and make you feel good about yourself while you are still undergoing the Melasma management routine with our Herbal Alternative Medicine.
- These tips and tricks are by no means a replacement of our herbal pills or any other prescribed medication.