Tea Tree Oil for Athlete’s Foot
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil which is also called as melaleuca oil, which is an essential oil and taken from the leaves of the melaleuca alternifolia tree which is native to Australia. It has a strong odor, which is similar to a strong pine or eucalyptus odor with heavy herbal notes. Tea tree oil has many uses by making homemade cleaning products, diffusing it in the air for kill mold, applying it topically to heal skin issues and by using it to treat viral infections.
Tea Tree Oil for Athlete’s Foot
Tinea pedis which is a common fungus that thrives for warm humid conditions. It has the contagious and which is easy to catch. This fungus is called athlete's foot because it is often spread by going barefoot in damp public places such as locker rooms or public pools. Spread in your home shower or bathroom tile. Athlete’s foot characterized by itchy or burning toes/feet, excessive peeling skin on the feet/toes, and pink or raw skin on the feet. t occurs when a person came into contact with this fungus that grows in damp and contaminated surfaces like walking barefoot on gym surfaces, public showers, locker rooms, public pools, etc.You will experience certain symptoms like burning sensation, itching, small blisters, scaly or cracked skin, redness, dry or flaky skin, discoloration of toenails, etc and you will observe that more on the space between the toes and then spreads throughout the feet and body. People who have a weak immune system, or excessive sweating, or wear a closed shoes or keep the feet wet can have chances to get this infection but men are more prone for develop this infection.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Athlete’s Foot
Tea Tree Oil for Athlete’s Foot has many properties for prevent the fungal infections. Here are its properties that how it treats the athlete’s foot.
- Tea tree oil for athlete’s foot is good because it has many active ingredients like terpene hydrocarbons, sesquiterpenes, and monoterpenes and that destroy the harmful bacteria and fungus which cause this problem.
- It has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties which disinfect the affected for foot area and also prevent spreading of this fungus to other body parts to others.
- It also acts as an astringent that can reduce the redness, scaly, cracked skin or skin peeling on infected area and then faster the healing process.
- It has an anti-inflammatory property which soothes the skin and also heals the pain, inflammation and burning sensation which can be associated with athlete’s foot.
- It penetrates the deep into the skin for prevent the infection along with its recurrence.
The Application of tea tree oil in the diluted or undiluted way can be effective for treating the athlete’s foot.
Apply some drops of Tea Tree Oil and directly on the affected area by using a cotton ball and then rinse off after few minutes.
Mix 5 about drops of tea tree oil in 1 teaspoon of carrier oil and then applies it on athlete’s foot and rinse off with water after 15 to 20 minutes.
Tea Tree Oil Compress
Pour some drops of tea tree oil for athlete’s in a piece of clean cloth and place it on the affected areas. Press the cloth against the infection and discard it after 30 minutes. Repeat this process for once or twice daily until you get the complete relief from the infection.