Lichen Planus Natural Treatment Best Option to Get Rid of It
Lichen Planus Natural Treatment could be beneficial. These treatments have the benefit of being risk-free and unlikely to result in any unfavorable side effects.
What is Lichen Planus
Lichen Planus is a chronic autoimmune disorder that affects the skin and mucous membranes. It is characterized by flat-topped, polygonal papules that may vary in size and color, and can cause itching, pain, and scarring. Lichen Planus can affect any part of the body, but most commonly occurs on the wrists, ankles, and inside the mouth. The cause of Lichen Planus is still unknown, but it is thought to be linked to genetics, environmental factors, and immune system dysfunction. There is no cure for Lichen Planus, but treatment can help manage symptoms and prevent complications.
Cause of Lichen Planus
The exact cause of lichen planus is unknown, but it is believed to be an autoimmune disorder where the body’s immune system attacks healthy cells in the skin and mucous membranes. Other factors that may contribute to lichen planus include viral infections, exposure to certain medications or chemicals, and genetic predisposition. Some possible viral triggers include hepatitis C, herpes simplex virus, and human papillomavirus (HPV). Certain medications such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), beta-blockers, and antimalarials have been associated with triggering lichen planus. Additionally, exposure to certain chemicals like gold, silver, and certain dyes has been linked to the development of lichen planus.
Symptoms of Lichen Planus
Lichen planus is a chronic, recurring skin disorder that can develop anywhere on the body. The symptoms of lichen planus may vary depending on the type and severity of the condition but typically include:
1. Itchy, red, or purple bumps or rash on the skin
2. Thin, shiny, flat white patches on the mucous membranes
3. Painful sores or ulcers in the mouth or genital area
4. Sensitive, painful, or swollen gums
5. Nail discoloration or Lichen planus on the nails
6. Hair loss or scalp involvement
7. Blistering or ulcerations in severe cases
It is essential to get a proper medical diagnosis and treatment from a doctor for lichen planus as it can lead to scarring and permanent damage if left untreated.
Lichen Planus is an inflammatory skin condition that affects the skin, mouth, genitals, and nails. The symptoms of this condition include itchy, reddish-purple bumps on the skin, painful ulcers in the mouth, and white, lacy patches on the genitals. Here are some of the treatments available for Lichen Planus:
1. Topical corticosteroids: These are creams, ointments, or gels containing steroids that reduce inflammation and itching.
2. Antihistamines: Medications such as loratadine, diphenhydramine, and cetirizine help reduce itching.
3. Immune-suppressing medications: These medications are used to suppress the immune system, including cyclosporine, methotrexate, tacrolimus, and mycophenolate
4. Phototherapy: This treatment involves exposing the affected skin to ultraviolet light, which reduces inflammation and itching.
5. Topical retinoids: These are vitamin A derivatives that help reduce inflammation and promote healing.
6. Topical calcineurin inhibitors: These medications, such as pimecrolimus and tacrolimus, are used to reduce inflammation and itching.
7. Oral corticosteroids: In severe cases, oral steroids may be prescribed to reduce inflammation.
8. Laser therapy: This treatment uses laser light to destroy the affected skin tissue.
It’s important to note that the treatment options for Lichen Planus depend on the severity and location of the condition. Consult with a dermatologist or healthcare provider for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
Natural Remedies for Lichen Planus Natural Treatment
There is no cure for this condition, but there are many Natural Remedies for Lichen Planus that can help manage its symptoms. Here are some natural ways to manage Lichen Planus:
1. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that can help Lichen Planus Cure Naturally and relieve itching and reduce inflammation associated with Lichen Planus. Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the affected area two times a day.
2. Turmeric: Turmeric is a spice that contains curcumin, a compound known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It can help reduce inflammation and itching associated with Lichen Planus. Mix turmeric powder with water to form a paste and apply it for Lichen Planus Natural Alternative Treatment to the affected area.
3. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil contains lauric acid and caprylic acid, which have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that can help reduce the symptoms of Lichen Planus. Apply coconut oil to the affected area for Natural Treatment for Lichen Planus three times a day.
4. Oatmeal Bath: Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties and can help soothe the skin affected by Lichen Planus. Add two cups of oatmeal to a warm bath and soak in it for 30 minutes.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, which has antimicrobial properties that can help reduce itching and inflammation associated with Lichen Planus. Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water and apply it to the affected area for Lichen Planus Holistic Treatment.
6. Exercise: Exercise can help manage stress and boost the immune system, which can help reduce the frequency and severity of Lichen Planus flare-ups.
7. Diet: Eating a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins can help boost the immune system and reduce inflammation associated with Lichen Planus.
It is important to talk to your doctor before trying any natural Herbal Treatment for Lichen Planus. Some natural remedies may interact with medications or cause adverse reactions.
Leave a Comment