Flatulence is a condition in which gases generated in the intestine or stomach are passed out at double or sometimes triple the rate of normal passing out of gas in the body. This is also known as digestive flatulence.
What is Flatulence?
Flatulence is an issue that very rarely gets the level of sensible discussion that it really merits. The simple fact that people hear the word "flatulence" and immediately think about breaking wind is a sign that the topic has not really been discussed in depth in full view of most people - and when we are largely ignorant of the fact
Certainly, when discussing flatulence it is important to consider the issue of breaking wind, but you will not prevent flatulence simply by looking for a solution to that one part of the condition. It is important to deal with the deeper issues with regard to the condition. If you want to stop flatulence, then you will do a lot better to understand it fully. A bloated feeling in the stomach, for example, is as much a flatulence symptom as breaking wind might be.
The only thing that you can do to lessen this fear is to deal with flatulence before the problem grows too bad, and this involves approaching the causes of the problem and stopping flatulence at its source rather than taking remedial action.
Key Facts of Flatulence
- Gases formed in the intestine or stomach is passed through the rectum to cleanse the body but in flatulence the intensity and the smell associated is way above the normal range.
- Normal amount of gas passing per day is 200 – 2000 ml roughly about 14 passages.
- The composition of gas that is passed out is highly variable.
- Proportions of gases passing out of the anal are dependent upon what we ate, how much air we inhaled, and the kind of bacteria present in our stomach and for the time period we hold our fart.
- The extended time period for which you hold your fart increases the composition of nitrogen in it.
- People who eat fast and swallow a lot of air might have more concentration of oxygen in their farts because the time taken for the body to absorb oxygen is lowered when one eats quickly and swallows air fast.
- The odor is dependent on hydrogen sulfide gas and mercaptans in the mixture.
- The farting sound is caused due to vibration in the anal opening when gas pushes itself to leave the body.
- A burp cannot be confused with a fart because it has a totally different composition.
Causes of Flatulence
There are several flatulence causes that have been identified till date. Some of them have been listed below for reference:
- Excessive swallowing of air.
- Eating too quick.
- Eating high fiber foods.
- Eating foods such as apples, apricots, beans (dried, cooked), bran, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, dairy products (for persons allergic to lactose), eggs, eggplant, nuts, onions, peas, popcorn, prunes, raisins, sorbitol and soybeans.
- Lactose intolerance.
- Infections and malabsorption syndromes.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
Symptoms of Flatulence
There are some key flatulence symptoms that differentiate the normal farting from the ones caused due to digestive disturbances. Some of them are:
- Passing of gas more than 14 times a day
- Excessive stinking
- Mucus in the stool
- Sensation of incomplete emptying after excretion
Why do you think you should go for dietary herbal supplement?
You should go for dietary herbal supplement because:
- Made of natural ingredients.
- Packaged safely in air tight jars.
- Superior quality.
- Offer great value for money.
Here is a list of ingredients used in this dietary herbal supplement for your reference:
- Rheum Rhabarbarum 41.8 mg
- Indian Olibanum Tree 16.3 mg
- Torchwood Tree 12.3 mg
- Ginger 16.3 mg
- Operculina turpelthum 142.5 mg
- Scammony 38 mg
- The herbal pill is intended for oral use only.
- Take 2 tablets each day in the morning after breakfast and evening after dinner.
- Fix times for daily intake and follow precisely.
- Be regular to witness the most results.
Here we have some old school tips compiled for you to take advantage from. We will keep updating them as soon as we come up with something new through experiment. In the meanwhile read and follow these:
- Sip green tea throughout the day it keeps the system clear and prevents bloating.
- Use ginger powder to get rid of excessive farting. Here’s a recipe copied from everydayroots online portal for your benefit.
You will need…
- 1 fresh gingerroot
- A grater (optional)
- 1 cup of boiling water, if making tea
- Lemon and honey (optional)
There are several ways to make ginger root tea but for gas, we liked this one. Get a medium sized piece of raw ginger root that looks nice and fresh. Scrub it clean, much like a potato, under warm water. Slice 4-6 thin quarter sized pieces and place them in a large mug. Add a touch of honey or lemon if you like, and then pour very hot water over the slices. Don’t let it boil-turn off the kettle just before or immediately afterwards. Cover and steep for 10 minutes before enjoying. Drink a cup before or after a meal to help with digestion.
- Drink chamomile tea
- Eat a lot of pumpkin.
- Exercise and get yourself moving which helps a lot in getting rid of excessive bloating.
- Take warm lemon water.
- Eat slowly.
- All these tips will keep you motivated and make you feel good about yourself while you are still undergoing the Flatulence management routine with our Herbal Alternative Medicine.
- These tips and tricks are by no means a replacement of actual products.